Technical Application Manager
AFB International is a global science and technology leader in pet food palatability, developing and producing a full range of liquid and dry palatability enhancers. As expert in pet food, AFB International is partner with pet food manufacturers to create better-tasting dog and cat foods, treats and supplements, meeting the specific needs of the pets and pet owners they serve. The team aspires to grow as a ‘center of expertise’ on palatability enhancement science & technology.
The company is part of Ensign-Bickford Industries, Inc. (EBI), a privately-owned high technology conglomerate, and has offices and/or production facilities in the USA (global HQ), Europe, Latin America, Mexico, Australia and China. The location in Europe is based in Oss, The Netherlands. This site has a state-of-the-art high-tech production and research facility for the European market. For the European business unit we are looking for a Technical Application Manager to join the R&D team.
Create and implement new product applications (flavors) for European pet food producers
- Expand the market success of customers by supporting them in their application technology.
- Lead technical projects including technical assistance, sourcing, quality improvements, compliance, and cost savings.
- Development & introduction of new product and processes within factories and external manufacturers & customers, aiming at fine tuning solutions in final application (kibble, chunk, gravy, gels). Up to 10% of lab/pilot plant work related foreseen.
- Connect with appropriate Key Opinion Leaders and support the creation of our interactive and innovative tools in line with the evolving needs of the customers.
- Develop expertise for product/process mastership, create tools such as technical bulletins and provide training to enable manufacturing excellence.
- Make the technical knowhow on products and applications of AFB available to consumers and internal stakeholders, including scientific papers.
- Prepare technical presentations for consumers, conferences and exhibitions.
- You report to the Director of R&D in Europe and will work in a team with Technical Application Managers, Product Developers, Innovation & Regulatory Managers.
Technical experienced in food/feed with strong customer focus and project management skills
- MSc/PhD Degree in Food & Chemical Sciences or Engineering, Nutrition.
- Minimum 5 years of R&D in Product Development, Manufacturing, Research & Development, preferably in the area of nutrition, processing engineering or animal sciences.
- FMCG background in Pet, Food or Beverages.
- Fluent in English (oral and written), at ease in an international environment. Other languages are a plus.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Good sense of teamwork and networking skills.
- Result oriented combined with entrepreneurial and innovative mindset.
- Ability to prioritize and oversee multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Accurate and strong analytical skills.
- Natural leader.
AFB International offers an interesting opportunity to contribute to the growth strategy and strong ambitions of an international and innovative ‘niche-player’ with an open and entrepreneurial culture. A professional environment where taking initiative and creativity are highly appreciated. Decisions are taken quickly thanks to short communication lines. They offer a competitive remuneration package. Based on your unique skills, experience and background there are career opportunities within AFB International.